[ovirt-devel] Summary for Vdsm sync 12.1

Yaniv Bronheim ybronhei at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 16:15:32 UTC 2016

(edwad, nsoffer, pkliczew, alitke, fromani, ybronhei)

Python3 current work and gaps -
https://docs.google.com/a/redhat.com/spreadsheets/d/180F-C1jU54ajUn7TuR-NwrKRZY1IiZI1Z8U5HWbvEvM/edit?usp=sharing
Current main gaps are the removal of deathSignal to unify cpopen api to
standard Popen api, and AsyncProc which uses StringIO internal attributes
which don't exist in six's stringIO . because of those two we can't import
commands.py which most of the tests use.

Jsonrpc client - we need to close gaps before disabling xmlrpc client -
Pioter can add more words about the gaps that we currently have.

Testing new storage verbs without engine - by such client ^ is a must-
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/35181/6/contrib/jsonrpc
basically when we finish with that we'll be able to remove vdsClient

Francesco sent as update about virt items -
https://www.mail-archive.com/devel@ovirt.org/msg04976.html

New leak was exposed in vdsm - fromani will elaborate more once finding the
exact location. Nir suggested https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51708/ to see
the status of the gc and gather more internal information about the current
vdsm instance - this can help to debug remotely without changing the code.

--
*Yaniv Bronhaim.*