[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] health: Introduce Vdsm health monitoring

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Jan 15 09:22:28 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

*Surely* this deserve more investigation, *most likley* there is more to be fixed,
and *surely* I'll invest more energy in research, but I think we should also apply
some grains of salt to the raw results gc gives us.
I've been running a test overnight like

- start 20 vms
- sleep 2m
- stop 20 vms
- sleep 30s

repeated 100 times, monitoring VmRSS (/proc/$VDSM_PID/status) and I didn't observed
any _significant_ leak.
The VmRSS growth was pretty low, almost flat. So something doesn't click here.

I mean, 6000 objects (at least) per vm each time *should* be noticeable after all!

Once 51630 is in good shape I'll broad the net and go hunt for more virt leaks.

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D