[ovirt-devel] Subject: Looking for advice regarding user portal development.

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 04:39:22 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

I wanted to add my thoughts to your interesting work! I'm a teacher at
heart, so your project is captivating :)

* Much of the "template" functionality you're describing is in
Vagrant. Please check it out if you haven't already.
[https://www.vagrantup.com/] That said, I'm not sure how much
integration we have between vagrant and ovirt.
[https://github.com/pradels/vagrant-ovirt] hasn't been touched since
2014. Hmm, something to look into.
* I, too, would be very weary of trying to extend the current User
Portal. We've had some success making some smaller REST-based portals.
Check out this one: [https://github.com/jennykang/oVirtDash]
* There are several of us who can be resources for you, whichever way
you decide. I'll send you a private email with some contacts.
* Not sure if you have a working server/setup yet, but we can help
with that too. I typically mentor people on this -- just email me and
I can make time to walk you through anything you need (via videochat,
too, if that's easier).

Best wishes,
Greg