[ovirt-devel] [vdsm] New schema format proposal

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:45:56 UTC 2016

I would like to propose new format for schema that we use in vdsm. I
started to work on a patch [1] where I explore how the new file should
look like. I have couple of goals which I would like to achieve by
doing this transformation:
1. I would like to use this file to verify engine code. Currently we
check only vdsm which leads to compatibility issues.
2. I would like to base new jsonrpc based replacement for vdsClient on
it. I want to create dynamic client which would use new format
(description used as help when calling verbs)
3. Simplify Bridge.py
4. Extend the schema to add events
5. Explore ideas around api evolution and contract definition.

Once we agree on the format I will work on script which will translate
one format to the other.

Thanks,
Piotr

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/52404