[ovirt-devel] Vdsm leak in multiprocessing / supervdsm interaction

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 15:45:49 UTC 2016

FYI, when I performed my simple Vdsm leak test some time ago, I've found
a leak in Python multiprocessing module, where
multiprocessing.util._afterfork_registry dictionary grows on each
supervdsm call.  It's not much dramatic from the point of memory usage
but maybe the possibly large dictionary can cause other performance
problems.

It's better to have this fixed and it looks like a Python bug, reported
here: https://bugs.python.org/issue26180.