[ovirt-devel] Changing the name of VDSM in oVirt 4.0.

Yaniv Dary ydary at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 15:29:46 UTC 2016

Hi,
I wanted to bring this up to get feedback on this proposed change. VDSM
doesn't align to other project under the oVirt umbrella like ovirt-engine,
ovirt-node, ovirt-guest-agent etc..

I suggest for ease of use and tracking we change the versioning to align to
the engine (4.0.0 in oVirt 4.0 GA) to make it easy to know which version
was in which release and also change the package naming to something like
ovirt-host-manager\ovirt-host-agent.

What do you think on this? What do you think the name should be?

Yaniv Dary
Technical Product Manager
Red Hat Israel Ltd.
34 Jerusalem Road