[ovirt-devel] Ovirt Node Next 4.0.0 host networking setup attempts to bridge an Infiniband interface

Giorgio Biacchi giorgio at di.unimi.it
Fri Jul 1 13:51:43 UTC 2016

Hello list,
currently I have an up and running Ovirt 3.6 installation where every hypervisor
access the data domain via NFS over infiniband. All is working as expected, with
a couple of hooks I can set connected mode on ib0 and an MTU of 65520.

Now I'm testing Ovirt Node Next, but the behavior is different. When I try to
set up host networking the procedure attempts to bridge the network "ibstorage",
defined in Networks tab, with ib0 interface but a non ethernet interface cannot
be bridged that way.

There's any way I can obtain the desired result? Or somehow tell to the
hypervisor to not bridge that connection and to use ib0 directly?

Thanks
--
gb

PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/
Primary key fingerprint: C510 0765 943E EBED A4F2 69D3 16CC DC90 B9CB 0F34