[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] vdsm_master_verify-error-codes_created running on master - why?

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 06:51:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 01:51:51AM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
> > And also, feel free to move it to check-patch.sh code as well.
>
> Including this in vdsm seem like the best option.
>
> Can you point me to the source of this job?
>

> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> This isn't new, it was running for a few years, just on old jenkins,
> >> Maybe you just noticed it.
> >>
> >> Allon & Dan are familiar with that job and it already found in the past
> >> real issues.
> >> If you want to remove/disable it, I have no problem - just make sure
> >> you're synced with all VDSM people that requested this job in the first
> >> place.

A bit of a background: this job was created many many years ago, in
order to compare the set of error codes in Vdsm to that of Engine. The
motivation was to catch typos or other mismatches, where Vdsm is sending
one value and Engine is expecting another, or Vdsm dropping something
that Engine depends on.

HOWEVER, I'm not sure at all that the job's code is up-to-date. I wonder
how it could have every survived the big changes of
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/48871/ and its bash code
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_verify-error-codes_merged/configure
does not reassure me