[ovirt-devel] VDSM retired from Fedora distribution

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 13:29:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:50:03AM +0200, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> just an heads up about VDSM been retired from Fedora distribution due to
> broken dependency.
> If you want to get it back there you'll have to start again with the
> package review process.

Ouch.

Fedora gives us packaging guidelines, and warns us from future changes.
The broken dependency was the removal of python2-blivet1 from Fedora.

We still wait for

    Bug 1346038 - Review Request: python-blivet1 - python2/blivet-1.x
    compatibility package

to reinroduce it. When this is done, we can try to resurrect vdsm there,
if we so decide.