[ovirt-devel] [vdsm] Connection refused when talking to jsonrpc

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 08:57:50 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Piotr Kliczewski" <pkliczew at redhat.com>

Not sure I reproduced correctly, but it seems a race on startup.
I got the same error on my box, and here it happens if mom tries to connect
to the unix socket /var/run/vdsm/mom-vdsm.sock *before* that Vdsm creates it.
Once vdsmd succesfully starts, a restart of mom-vdsm seems to fix all the issues.

I'm not sure yet if that's all of it and how to handle with systemd dependencies.
Perhaps Nir's suggestion past in the thread to notify systemd is a good first step
in the right direction.

HTH,

--
Francesco Romani
Red Hat Engineering Virtualization R & D