[ovirt-devel] Merge gating in Gerrit

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 14:04:22 UTC 2016

On 21 November 2016 at 13:51, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:
> Will it also auto-rename the database scripts? Please please!

Well, automated systems are not supposed to make code changes without
humans being aware (see other thread about "ff-only" where "rebase if
necessary" is a counter-example).

What we could do is have the gate fail when colliding scripts show up
(we will also have to use "ff-only" then to ensure changes are
ordered). Actually this test is simple enough for "regular" CI to do,
so no need to wait for the gate...

Anyway, this is not directly related to merge-gating, so a little off-topic IMO.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHEV-CI Team