[ovirt-devel] Heads-up: moving Libvirt xml creation to the engine

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 15:04:47 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Arik Hadas <ahadas at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

file may be "block" or "network", in glusterfs engine may send "file" and vdsm
will replace it to "network".

>   <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='none'/>
>   <source file='$PATH:PDIV or other representations$'/>

file may need to be "dev"

>   <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
>   <serial>54-a672-23e5b495a9ea</serial>
> </disk>

Basically you must inspect the code in vdsm to understand the difference
and what engine can do and cannot.

Also, how will vdsm fix the xml without the pool, domin, image and volume ids?

How do you want to send them if we send xml?