[ovirt-devel] Jenkins jobs ownership

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 08:59:16 UTC 2017

On 3 February 2017 at 15:59, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
> 8<---------------------------------------------------------
> Sandro, can someone from you team fix this?

> If you want us to maintain this, this code must move into ovirt-imageio
> repository, so we have full control of it.
> ---------------------------------------------------->8

There are currently two pieces of information about the project that
are needed to be known in order to build and release it, but are
currently specified in YAML in the 'jenkins' repo, rather then within
the project's own repo:
1. Which platforms should the project be built on
2. Which oVirt releases should particular build of the project be included in.

The fact that this is specified in the 'jenkins' repo **does not place
this outside the maintainers` responsibility**. Things are done this
way currently only because of a technical limitation with the way
Standard-CI jobs are currently created.

We actually have an initiative to move this information to the project
repos. I've started with asking on devel list about how to specify
this as part of Standard-CI [1]. But have received little topical
response so far.

[1]: http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2017-January/029161.html

--
Barak Korren