[ovirt-devel] Jenkins jobs ownership

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 09:33:18 UTC 2017

> A repo where I do not have commit rights means I can't take full responsibility.
> A repo that is not atomically synchronized with my sources means I
> can't take full responsibility.

Having said that, I would be perfectly fine with a single repository
that tracks the release configuration, but only if it also held the
git repository link and hash/branch name that is supposed to be
released. It would be in some way a "distgit repo". Something like
Sandro has for builds.

[ovirt-4.0.x-ci]
git://gerrit.ovirt.org/project.git#ovirt-4.0.x
git://gerrit.ovirt.org/project2.git#v4.0.x
git://github.com/Me/repo#master

[ovirt-4.0.6]
git://gerrit.ovirt.org/project.git#ovirt-4.0.6
git://gerrit.ovirt.org/project2.git#v4.0.6
http://github.com/Me/repo/releases/x.y.z.zip

Any release would then be reviewed by the CI team and that would be
fine for me. It would allow any branch name or versioning convention
and would not pollute the sources. It would also be gerrit agnostic.

Martin