[ovirt-devel] oVirt packages for JavaScript development have been updated

Ryan Barry rbarry at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 17:02:04 UTC 2017

Thanks Greg!

I actually merged patches for it to work, but it's always nice to see
another approach, and in looking at your diff, I see that I also didn't
change "--with-npm-install", which I should.

As long as we have you on the phone (so to speak), I'm actually curious
about ovirt-engine-nodejs. We've been having failures in CI since December,
give or take, but they're not tied to any particular patch. That is to say
that checking out an earlier commit still suddenly fails. This has been a
low-grade annoyance while we prep for 4.1, since everything still builds
and runs in build-artifacts without any problems, but getitng "-1
Continuous Integration" on every patch isn't very helpful.

Webpack complains "PATH should be a string, is undefined", but never tells
me where it's looking for this. We don't use path.resolve anywhere and I've
probably tried every suggestion on github/stackoverflow for making this go
away, without any success. There are a lot of reports that changing the
downgrading the NodeJS major version (from 6 -> 5, generally) resolves
this,b ut that's obviously not an option for us.

Any ideas?