[ovirt-devel] [ACTION REQUIRED] new dependency -- ovirt-js-dependencies (replaces PatternFly)

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 20:59:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Martin Perina <mperina at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> why is this package not contained also in ovirt-master-snapshot
>> repository [6]? Most of developers are using ovirt-master-snapshot, because
>> this is the official repository for oVirt depelopers as mentioned in [7]
>> and [8]. AFAIK there was not yet any official announcement that every
>> developer should switch from ovirt-master-snapshot to ovirt-tested-master
>>

> I think we should make it official then for master, we've hit too many
> issues in the past weeks due to this repository, that I don't want to see
> new projects added to it.
> Also, AFAIK, these are build time dependencies only right? so they are not
> really needed for be in oVirt repo as deliverables, and just needed for
> other projects to use for building them.
> If this is the case, then the new Standard CI feature of serving each
> build-artifacts job as yum repo can also be used instead of the snapshot
> repo, e.g.,
>
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine-yarn_master_
> build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/
> exported-artifacts/ is a yum repo which points to the latest successful
> build of ovirt-engine-yarn master.

This is a runtime dependency, actually. (Some of the js stuff is
build-time, but this is our only runtime one.)

And yes, we could also use the new-style build_artifacts repo, but I
thought tested-master was nicer for this use case.

@Martin, Eyal beat me to it -- tested-master is the future repo, for
reasons he mentioned. tested-master is all outputted from OST, so you know
it's good! ;)

Greg

--
Greg Sheremeta, MBA