[ovirt-devel] ovirt-web-ui build failure (missing dep in ovirt-engine-nodejs-modules)

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun Feb 19 11:18:44 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Michal Skrivanek <
michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2017, at 17:01, Greg Sheremeta <gshereme at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Michal Skrivanek <
> michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On 17 Feb 2017, at 16:16, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Feb 17, 2017 2:04 PM, "Michal Skrivanek" <michal.skrivanek at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> On 17 Feb 2017, at 12:25, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Build job is failing:
>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/user/sbonazzo/my-views/view/Builder
>> s/job/ovirt-web-ui_4.1_github_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/9/a
>> rtifact/exported-artifacts/mock_logs/mocker-epel-7-x86_64.
>> el7.build-artifacts.sh/build-artifacts.sh.log
>>
>> error "jquery-3.1.1.tgz": Tarball is not in network and can not be located in
>>
>> cache ("/usr/share/ovirt-engine-nodejs-modules/yarn-offline-cache/jquery-3.1.1.tgz”)
>>

>> the move to yarn still has not been fully completed and is pending merges
>> to both webui and ovirt-engine-nodejs-modules
>>

>> What's the ETA to unbreaking the build?
>> A move to yarn is not a great excuse to breakage.
>>

>> right, but I hope it is a reminder for future not to overhaul the build
>> system shared by 3 different sub projects right around 4.1/4.1.1 GA
>>

> You're absolutely right, Michal. I'm sorry, this is my fault. None of our
> JavaScript tooling parallels the oVirt release schedule, and so we were
> working with an eye on oVirt master, but it affected 4.1 inadvertently.
> Basically we were trying to make use of yarn optional in the new tooling,
> but it didn't work out. I should have thought of 4.1 and suggested we
> abort/postpone the effort instead of pushing forward.
>

> there’s no way back now, so let’s just push forward a bit more…and
> hopefully it will settle down soon:)
> we’re almost there!

Its not just 'yarn' "fault", the 'ovirt-web-ui' is the first project we're
supporting from GitHub in oVirt standard CI, so it added an extra challenge
to the already existing complexity.

> Greg
>

>> Y.
>>

>> --
>> Sandro Bonazzola
>> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
>> See how it works at redhat.com

> Greg Sheremeta, MBA
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Sr. Software Engineer
> gshereme at redhat.com

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)