[ovirt-devel] OST: HE installation on 4.1 fails due to default cluster level

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 15:03:43 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Martin Perina <mperina at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Sahina Bose <sabose at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The ovirt-engine 4.1 appliance has the Default cluster set to 4.2 and the
>> hyperconverged OST tests fail here as the 4.1 host cannot be added to
>> cluster.  (CLUSTER_VERSION_INCOMPATIBLE_WITH_CLUSTER)
>>
>> The appliance is from  http://resources.ovirt.org/rep
>> os/ovirt/tested/master/rpm/el7/noarch/ovirt-engine-appliance
>> -4.1-20170215.1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
>>

> ​This is the tested master repository, so it should contain master code
> where 4.2 cluster level is already default. So probably only
> ovirt-engine-appliance version has not yet been bumped to 4.2 ...
>>
> ​I'm just wondering why we don't have any ovirt-engine-appliance in latest
> 4.1 tested repo:

We can't publish appliance to tested repo if its not tested/verified.
The correct thing to do is to make appliance build from tested repo and
then run the HE/HC suite and only if it pass publish it to verified tested
repo.

I don't think we're there yet, but there is some progress.
Maybe Sandro can update on current status.

> http://plain.resources.ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/tested/4.1/rpm/el7/noarch/
>> @Ryan?
>

>> Has the default cluster level been changed in an updated appliance?
>>
>> Test results at http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/oVirt system
>> tests/job/ovirt_4.1_hc-system-tests/1/artifact/exported-artifacts
>>
>> thanks
>> sahina

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)