[ovirt-devel] [ OST Failure Report ] [ ovirt master ] [17.02.17 ] [ external deoendencies missed ]

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 11:49:39 UTC 2017

On 28 February 2017 at 13:04, Michal Skrivanek
<michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

> Don’t we have a cache around it?
> whitelist is hard to maintain. We do not track every packaging change in CentOS

Yes it is cached, but even with a cache CentOS contains mountains of
stuff we don't need and just slows things down. An yes, the white list
can be hard to maintain.

The thing is that the way OST is built currently it pre-syncs
everything it needs and then runs the tests themselves offline.
Because of this we need to maintain lists of what is needed anyway.
This offline operation feature is something some people find very
useful, so we're probably not going to remove it any time soon,
despite the difficulty of maintaining the white lists.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team