[ovirt-devel] more aggressive static asset caching in ovirt-engine

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 08:47:05 UTC 2017

> The downside is you'll have to clear your browser cache more often as you
are developing. (You can use a browser plugin, incognito mode, F12
> disable cache, etc. if you don't want to keep opening the dialog.)

Why don't we use the name-hash.ext format for static files? Recompile
creates a different filename (because hash changed) which is not cached.
That would take care of cache invalidation and it is a common pattern in
the CDN world.

Best regards

Martin Sivak