[ovirt-devel] Adding s390 support to oVirt

Viktor Mihajlovski mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 16 16:52:49 UTC 2017

On 18.09.2017 09:30, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a heads up: I'd like to contribute some basic support for the s390
> architecture to oVirt. For that purpose I'll post some patches to
> gerrit, mostly for the following repositories: VDSM,
> ovirt-engine-api-model and ovirt-engine. There might be some collateral
> patches that need to go into ovirt-host[-deploy] since not all of the
> pre-requisite RPMs are available on s390, but this probably needs a
> separate discussion.
>
> I've started to hang out on the #ovirt OFTC channel, feel free to ping
> me if you have questions related to s390. Thanks!

Short update, with yesterday's API model 4.2.25 release, there's basic
support for s390 available in ovirt-engine. At this point in time, there
are no ovirt yum repositories for the s390x architecture - not sure what
the process would be to add s390x repositories and how to build the
binary RPMs at least for the host packages (i.e. vdsm-*). Maybe it would
possible to use the s390-koji infrastructure used to build Fedora for s390x?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski