[ovirt-devel] oVirt 4.2 and UI plugin infrastructure

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Wed Nov 29 00:22:10 UTC 2017

Hey,

We haven't changed the API, so everything should still work. For example, I
just installed 4.1 versions of dashboard and support-plugin in master, and
all's well [*]:

API:

api.addSubTab('Template', 'Red Hat Documentation',
'my-host-subtab-template', '<url snip>', {alignRight: true});
api.setTabAccessible('my-host-subtab-template', true);

[image: Inline image 1]

[*] however, note that "alignRight" is now ignored

And dashboard 4.1.8 installed in master engine:

[image: Inline image 2]

That said, we probably should have sent some announcement about making sure
the plugins actually look good with the new theme. If some plugins are
greenish, that will look bad.

To help with styling external things, we've started exposing more CSS via a
new SASS brand module:
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/tree/master/frontend/brands/ovirt-brand/src/main/sass
Also, we're heavily relying on base PatternFly styles, and plugins should
do the same. For example, the new dialog styles are completely PatternFly [
http://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/forms-and-controls/modal-overlay/]
and we don't do anything extra on top of that.

Let us know if something doesn't work, or you need help styling something.

Greg