[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] Remove fcraw build as gating

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 07:51:09 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Fcraw build on VDSM check-patch has been failing recently (again).

fcraw cannot act as gating to the VDSM CI, as it is unstable (by
definition).
If there is a strong interest for some to track VDSM against this unstable
distribution, it better be performed in parallel to the VDSM developing
flow.

With the current state, we are unable to trust the CI and it causes us to
either overwrite its output (which I consider very bad) or just get stuck
frequently.

Could we please move this job to be triggered once a day as a nightly job
and whoever is interested in its output to get notifications for it?
Please. lets not make it a gating to VDSM development.

Thanks,
Edy.