[Engine-devel] Proposed next-generation vdsm API

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Sat Dec 3 22:25:59 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 02:02:27AM -0500, Ayal Baron wrote:

Even today we don't really have any reliance on the transport.
The beauty of REST is its simplicity, but with that come limitations. If we require the qmf API to go through REST then we're basically limiting the qmf to the REST shortcomings or we implement things that bend REST the wrong way to accomodate the extra requirements.
For any "simple" call I'm fine with qmf going through REST if it simplifies maintenance, but for things like events, I believe there is no justification for going through REST.