[Engine-devel] SPM Priority Design - Wiki Page

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Thu Dec 29 14:51:12 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

Yep, exactly - we need to use these kind of inputs into the algorithm and these can change hence the need to do this more dynamically rather than user selection which is invariably wrong.

> > Perhaps we should dynamically create a score for a host that takes
> > these factors into account, each may get higher rating - eg. maybe
> > # storage paths is more important that # cores ?
>
> This is why I've suggested High(8)-Med(5)-Low(2) and add dynamically
> the
> system scoring, with whatever params we get to eventually. 'Never'
> could
> be 0, 'Always' could be '10'.

Yep, the big change that I'm suggesting is that these scores are only an input to the algorithm not the whole basis for selection.