[Engine-devel] ovirt-engine repo up in gerrit.ovirt.org!

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sat Oct 29 17:15:26 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 05:48 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> On 10/28/2011 02:09 AM, Livnat Peer wrote:
>> On 10/27/2011 11:51 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
>>> Here we go...
>>>
>>> - gerrit is up.
>>> - ovirt-engine git repo is there.
>>> - will upload the other repositories soon.
>>>
>>> below you can find the steps on how to get the code (yes, coming to you
>>> in wiki soon).
>>> a link to the wiki on how to build oVirt will be sent soon by Livnat.
>>>
>>> It's exciting to see everyone coming together to build a community, and
>>> I'm looking forward to working together on oVirt.
>>>
>>> Welcome everyone,
>>>     Itamar
>>>

>> Welcome indeed,
>>
>> A link to a wiki with info for setting development environment -
>> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Building_Ovirt_Engine
>
> I tried building with these instructions but get "9 required artifacts
> are missing." Also I get a *lot* of "unable to fine resource"
> info/warning messages. I've attached the output of the maven run.
>
> Regards,
>   Dennis

Hi Dennis,
Maven tries to download dependencies that are required by your project,
in this case oVirt.
For each dependency maven iterates over all the repositories defined in
the pom.xml and stops when it finds the required dependency, if it does
not find the Jar in a repository it issues info message and looks in the
next repsitory. The info message looks like "[INFO] Unable to find
resource  XXX in repository YYY" and does not indicate on a problem.

For the errors you get -

I looked into the first missing jar commons-httpclient-2.0.2, it can be
found in -
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/apache-httpclient/commons-httpclient/2.0.2/

but it looks like you get -

Authorization failed: Access denied to:
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/apache-httpclient/commons-httpclient/2.0.2/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar

Any idea why you got authorization error? I can access it locally.
Can you try again? maybe a temporary problem.

Livnat