[Engine-devel] ovirt-engine repo up in gerrit.ovirt.org!

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Mon Oct 31 02:52:09 UTC 2011

On 10/31/2011 03:27 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 10/30/2011 04:32 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Hi Yair,
>> I managed to install the two missing dependencies from the web and now
>> the build seem to run ok but apparently 8gb of RAM are not sufficient to
>> build ovirt-engine so I'll have to give it a pass for now and wait for
>> binary releases.
>
> 8GB are more than enough. probably some config for the JVM.
> what's the error you are getting?
> did you set the JAVA_OPTS?

I don't get an error. The build process simply uses up all memory and the
desktop becomes unusable. If I don't switch to another virtual terminal and
issue a "killall java" then the system would probably die in the end and
require a reboot (or the OOM Killer would step in an kill some processes
before that happens).

This is a plain Fedora 15 System and I'm following the build instructions
from the wiki so right now there are no custom settings applied.

Regards,
   Dennis