[Engine-devel] Domain rescan action question

Hopper, Ricky Ricky.Hopper at netapp.com
Wed Aug 1 13:34:53 UTC 2012

On 8/1/12 5:59 AM, "Dan Yasny" <dyasny at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

As I understood it, the purpose of this functionality wasn't to find
images which should be removed from storage, but to find images on the
domain that oVirt was unaware of and importing them for use (for instance,
if a disk was created outside of oVirt on the domain). If one of the use
cases for this feature is also the orphaned images mentioned on the
feature page, that may expand the functionality into a separate domain
scrub and storage import, both of which would call the rescan (meaning the
rescan would not actually add to the database, but instead return a list
of "orphaned" disk images).

Another solution would be to import all disk images into the database
either way, and let the user delete any orphaned images from the GUI.