[Engine-devel] Revisiting Java7

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 13:53:49 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

The major advantage to move to java7 is the try-with-resources statement.

If we can do this for 3.2 it will be great. From what I understand from Allon, the only noisy change is to move the common and compat out of the backend directory into its own top-level directory, so we can apply a different maven policy on these two easily.

This way the common/compat and frontend will be built using 1.6 and backend will be built using 1.7.

Alon