[Engine-devel] Creating New Data-Center and Permission on Network

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 14:06:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

When creating a new data-center, a management network is created for it.
By default the created management network is defined as VM network.

I'd like to consult from permissions perspective, what is the preferred
permission settings for that network.

The network is defined as management network, therefore it is designed
be used by VMs. However, the admin should grant permissions on that
networks to the target users (which one might find tedious).

We can grant permission on that network to 'everyone' with role
'NetworkUser', but in case the admin doesn't meant this network to be
used, the permission should be removed.

In 'Add Logical Network' dialog I've added a new checkbox to allow
granting 'everyone' a role for using that network ('NetworkUser').
We can embrace same method in 'Add Data-Center' dialog.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Moti