[Engine-devel] UI plugins - next steps

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 23:39:38 UTC 2012

On 12/12/2012 02:57 PM, Vojtech Szocs wrote:
> 1. Pass proper (restapi-definition) entities to UI plugins, instead of simple "{entityId:<guidAsString>}" objects
>     - using restapi-types mappers to map backend business entities to restapi-definition entities (Java POJOs generated from api.xsd via JAXB)
>     - exporting restapi-definition entities for use with JavaScript (UI plugins), e.g. using gwt-exporter [1] (alternatively, we could use GWT deferred binding and do this ourselves)

I think its time we revisit the implications/scope of moving the UI to
work on top of the REST API or just the REST entities.
until then, i think just adding specific fields that make sense/are
asked for for these entities should be good enough.
if we see the "moving UI on top of REST API" is still too far, then
doing the type mapping for just the plugins would make sense.