[Engine-devel] [vdsm] RFC: New Storage API

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Dec 17 04:40:01 UTC 2012

On 12/08/2012 01:23 AM, Saggi Mizrahi wrote:

> [...]

I am a bit more interested in how storage array offloads ( by that I
mean, offload VD creation, snapshot, clone etc to the storage array when
available/possible) can be done from VDSM ?
In the past there were talks of using libSM to do that. How does that
strategy play in this new Storage API scenario ? I agree its implmn
detail, but how & where does that implm sit and how it would be
triggered is not very clear to me. Looking at createVD args, it sounded
like 'options' seems to be a trigger point for deciding whether to use
storage offloads or not, but you spoke otherwise :) Can you provide your
vision on how VDSM can understand the storage array capabilities &
exploit storgae array offloads in this New Storage API context ? --
Thanks deepak