[Engine-devel] servlet api version

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 13:58:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

What is the agreement on the servlet api version?

I ran into some problems this week and looked around in the code. I have found that the root pom.xml defines servlet 2.3. The backend is ok with this, but then the frontend uses it's own dependency. It actually uses gwt's library instead of the javax.servlet:servlet-api artifact and it is a servlet 2.4 api. It also builds on the setCharacterEncoding(String) (see http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/ServletResponse.html#setCharacterEncoding(java.lang.String) ) method introduced in servlet 2.4. Therefore oVirt is not going to run with servlet 2.3 in runtime either.

my patch:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#change,877

Laszlo