[Engine-devel] Shared disk / Floating disk import/export (was: Re: move disk command)

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 08:32:39 UTC 2012

> > From: "Ayal Baron" <abaron at redhat.com>

It's meaningless.

> > > post-zero
> >
> > Can assume always true
>
> i disagree

It's the default behaviour for files, no reason to not allow users to import disk because of this.

> > > name(?)
> >
> > This exists on storage side
>
> in addition to description?

there is uuid and description, do you store in addition another name?

> > > creation-date
> >
> > When imported
>
> no!

Hmmm, I love how elaborate your explanations are.
It's common with files, no reason to treat differently.

> > > last modify date
> >
> > This exists on storage side
> >
> > > application-list
> >
> > Has nothing to do with disk, it's a VM property
>
> no!

Again, very elaborate...
VM has 3 disks, guest reports app-list for the VM, how do you determine which disk has which apps?
If this is currently a disk property in engine then it's a bug.