[Engine-devel] RESTAPI: what is the purpose for /api/disks collection

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 16:09:01 UTC 2012

On 06/10/2012 06:52 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> i don't think it makes sense a disk will go away to a user from /disks once it was attached, etc.

it's exactly the behaviour i'd like to achieve (only disks available for common usage shown),
if you attached it to vm X and want detach it, go to vm/xx/disks/yy and detach it there,

(btw if we want support showing all disks in /disks, we should have link
from the disk->vm it attached to.)

> why not show here all disks?

the use-case is client-side filtering, in sdk i provide this capability where
it's not supported by ovirt-search (such as property based filtering etc.),
getting big chunk of not relevant data, is show-stopper for this feature.

in my other email, i suggested adding search-parameter for being able requesting
extended list, while the default should be reduced.

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D