[Engine-devel] Advanced Nfs Options + NFSv4 GUI mockup

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 06:56:30 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 08:09 AM, Einav Cohen wrote:
> Mock-ups updated - you can review them at:
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/AdvancedNfsOptions#User_Experience
>
> [You are welcome to suggest a better phrasing for the default-advanced-nfs-options-values-change warning.
> Current one is: "It is recommended to keep the default values in the fields below unchanged"]

I thought time out was discussed on the relevant patch to be in same
units (tenth of seconds) as what users would copy from their mount options:

timeo=n
The time (in tenths of a second) the NFS client waits for a response
before it retries an NFS request. If this option  is  not  specified,
requests  are  retried  every 60 seconds for NFS over TCP.  The NFS
client does not perform any kind of timeout backoff for NFS
over TCP.