[Engine-devel] Disk Permissions Feature

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 07:22:35 UTC 2012

On 14/03/12 02:20, Moti Asayag wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Disk Permissions feature description Wiki page:
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DiskPermissions
>
> Please share your comments.

I changed the wiki to use the terminology we used previously when
discussing permissions.

I also fixed some things, for example AddDiskToVM I changed the need for
permissions on the disk to need permissions on the storage domain.

I am missing details of what actions does the DISK_OPERATOR role
includes, also when a user creates a disk what permissions do we give
him implicitly (DISK_OPERATOR ?)

The upgrade flow is written in the open issues, we need to move it from
the open issues to it's own section and add there that all disk related
operations should be added to the system administrator.

The direct LUN open issues are mostly because the implementation is not
there yet, it is not about the behavior of the permissions AFAIU.

Thanks, Livnat