[Engine-devel] Extend host_nics action with UpdateNetworks

avi tal atal at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 12:11:27 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am checking the SetupNetwork feature in 3.1 (si01) and I think we are
missing a very important implementation.
SetupNetworks in vdsm layer is able to receive a nics collection which
describe which nics will be updated and handle only those nics.
This implementation is missing from engine-backend because backend
automatically treat missing nics as nics we would like to remove.
A very buggy scenario would be, missing mgmt network.

The idea is to send (via REST API) a collection which contain only the
interfaces (nics) we would like to update.

This is actually an UPDATE collection procedure. it could be added as a
different action:
http://engine ip:port/hosts/id/nics/*updatenetworks*

I believe it is a part of the SetupNetwork feature that needs to be in 3.1.

Thanks