[Engine-devel] vds_bootstrap.py 's residency

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 3 14:56:18 UTC 2012

Hi,
   I am checking the VDSM and ovirt-engine workspace for
"vds_bootstrap.py" file.  It was found that vds_bootstrap.py file was in
VDSM workspace and was packaged into vdsm-bootstrap rpm package.   Also,
it was found that in the host installation process, host node will try
to get the "vds_bootstrap.py" from the engine server.  But
"vds_bootstrap.py" is not included in any engine packages.  Does that
mean we should install vdsm-bootstrap package into engine server?  Why
not package this file into engine packages instead of vdsm packages?

--
Shu Ming<shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory