[Engine-devel] REST-API: Exposing correlation-ID

Ori Liel oliel at redhat.com
Sun May 6 12:36:12 UTC 2012

>> On 05/06/2012 10:03 AM, Ori Liel wrote:
>> > Still need to decide about this:

>> job-id will confuse us with engine's job-id which is a single command
>> today.
>> correleation-id is pretty long and confusing as implies on
>> correlation
>> of something.
>>
>> I'm for flow-id or batch-id.
>> batch-id sounds the right one to me, as this is identifying a batch
>> of
>> calls.

>How about log-id?
>It isn't supposed to be unique, or of any format, it's just used to log calls, so log-id is the most natural (or log-tag or whatever name you prefer).
>
>Also I think it's more of a header-type parameter since it's metadata for the call, not an actual parameter that influences the outcome of the "flow".

I actually believe you're right, it probably is better to pass this parameter as
an http header. You've changed my mind about this (objections, anyone, to passing
it as a header as opposed to passing it as a url parameter)?

About log_id - it could sound like there are numerous logs, and the user is asked
to specify the ID of the log he wishes to write to. But perhaps: log_entry_id?

Thanks,

Ori