[Engine-devel] restapi: 'gluster' prefix

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Wed May 9 08:50:31 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 11:35 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 05/09/2012 11:40 AM, Michael Pasternak wrote:

it's still works for our api, as non relevant properties does not shown in resource representation,
we using this concept all over the api.

both gluster and non gluster resources still be volumes so it's also works from the REST P.o.V.

i guess the question we should ask ourself if we really want to have collection peer technology
rather than differentiating between technologies by type.

>>> 2. start under cluster entity or root collection
>>> going with the argument of can the entity move (host and vm can move, but a gluster_volume cannot move between clusters), I'm for going with gluster_volumes under the
>>> cluster entity, and not the root collection.
>>
>> +1

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D