[Engine-devel] restapi: New params for import VM/Template

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Wed May 16 15:46:06 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael Pasternak" <mpastern at redhat.com>

ok, so we agree on: 'collapse_snapshots' under vm->snapshots

but I have doubt about the 'implicit clone by name': first of all I don't think it's that obvious for the user.

Going FW it would be nice to override parameters in import vm/template
(e.g. open similar dialog to new vm dialog in import vm - GUI-wise),
and to limit the vm name uniqueness to DC/cluster level (not the entire system)
- and [for both of them] not cloning the vm/template - let say because of licensing issues.