[Engine-devel] Feedback requested on name change

Alex Lourie alourie at redhat.com
Thu May 17 12:01:37 UTC 2012

We have now separated tools repositories which are built independently
from ovirt-engine, for example "ovirt-image-uploader". Our rpms
(ovirt-engine) has a dependency on those tools, using the following option:

<snip>
Requires: %{name}-image-uploader
<snip>

%{name} is substituted by 'ovirt-engine' during build, creating a
dependency on "*ovirt-engine-image-uploader*". This, in turn, makes a
non-resolved dependency, as the actual package name built for
image-uploader is "*ovirt-image-uploader*".

We can resolve this by either changing the dependency in our rpms or by
changing the tools package names (relevant also for iso-uploader and
log-collector).

Please let me know which way seems preferable for this.

Thanks.

--
Alex Lourie.