[Engine-devel] Maven 3 here we come!

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed May 23 09:59:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,
As discussed last month[1], we had to deal with some issues which turned out to be a Maven bug.
Thanks to Juan and Asaf's work, our current sources now build properly using Maven 3.
So you're all invited to migrate into Maven 3. Other than upgrading your local maven package
no other action is needed.

For now, Maven 2 will also work for you, but I expect in the future we'd like to make use
of some advanced features, so migration to 3 is recommended.

Talking about advanced features, an interesting challenge is feedback on parallel builds [2].
So whoever wants to try it out and report if it improves run time without breaking anything,
will be appreciated.

Happy migration!

[1]http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/arch/2012-April/000490.html
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/parallel-builds-in-maven-3.html
--

/d

"Email returned to sender -- insufficient voltage."