[Engine-devel] CPU Pinning @engine

Miki Kenneth mkenneth at redhat.com
Thu May 24 08:24:52 UTC 2012

This is good feedback - unrelated to the vCPU pining discussion tough.

Few points:
1. Migration options are relevant only when specific host is selected.
2. "run on selected host" - means pin ONLY to this host, if unavailable, the VM won't run, and no migration will occur.
3. "allow migration" - means admin can manually migrate this VM to any other host.

AFAIK, no logic for migration back currently exists.

Miki