[Engine-devel] Host Network status isn't being updated

Itzik Brown ItzikB at mellanox.com
Thu May 24 19:09:41 UTC 2012

So what is the refresh rate for?
From: Moti Asayag [masayag at redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:54 PM
To: Itzik Brown
Cc: engine-devel at ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [Engine-devel] Host Network status isn't being updated

On 05/24/2012 06:24 PM, Itzik Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I add a network using ovirt-engine:
>
> Adding a network to a data center then attaching the network to a
> cluster(Non required network).
>

> Then I do the following on the host (running vdsm):
>
> #brctl addbr mynetwork
>
> #brctl addif mynetwork eth3
>

> The refresh rate as indicated by ovirt-engine GUI is 5 seconds.
>
> I don't see that the network is attached to the interface until I
> manually restart vdsm.
>

> Any suggestion?

The network interfaces are being refreshed on ovirt-engine side by the
GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand. It is being triggered either by activating a
host, or if the host status is other than: Up, PreparingForMaintenance,
Error or NonOperational.

The easiest way to refresh the new network on ovirt-engine is moving the
host to maintenance and activating it.

We're missing the functionality of refreshing the Host information on
the fly, specifically network entities.

It is also mentioned on the thread which deals on network features:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/engine-devel/2012-May/001707.html