[Engine-devel] Using 3.1.0 instead of 3.1.0-0001 for next release?

Saggi Mizrahi smizrahi at redhat.com
Wed May 30 20:34:37 UTC 2012

Comments inline.

----- Original Message -----

This is why I hate IDEs, they think they can just touch everything.
My understanding of maven is amateurish at best but I think you can put ${env.ENGINE_VERSION} variables in POM files and have the make file declare it. You could also have the ${setting.EngineVersion} and declare in settings.xml.
I personally prefer the environment solution because it allows you to declare the version on the fly to properly mark test RPMs, but maybe Eclipse would prefer the settings.xml solution (which could be a ".in" file ;-) ).