[Engine-devel] Managing permissions on network

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 07:44:28 UTC 2012

On 14/11/12 10:11, Antoni Segura Puimedon wrote:

> [...]

The integration with LDAP is on the level of managing users and groups
not the oVirt permissions themselves.
The reason for that is that permission = User + Role + Object
A user is given some Role on an Object, for example, admin1 is given the
role of clusterAdmin on clusterA, we can't set such permission in LDAP
as the objects themselves (Clusters, VMs, etc.) do not exist in LDAP.

Thanks, Livnat