[Engine-devel] ovirt user portal and attach a cd

Andrej Bagon andrej.bagon at arnes.si
Mon Apr 29 08:28:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

we would like to limit a user as much as possible and give him only
actions that he needs with his VM. If we disallow a user the right in
system|configure system|manipulate permissions), we give the user, in
user portal, only basic mode. But then three is no option to attach a cd
in the basic user portal. In basic mode user interface there is no
chance in attaching a cd (as this is a basic operation a solution to
this would be a button attaching a cd when starting a vm).

If we allow the user to manipulate permissions, we get the extended menu
back and the user is limited, but we found unacceptable when he is
adding permission to the VM, he sees all the users (name, surname,
email!) in the ovirt authentication mechanism? A solution to this would
be authenticating to the directory service as a user an not as ovirt
admin user - meaning that the user will see only users that we allowed
he sees in the ldap directory.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Andrej