[Engine-devel] failed to add host into cluster

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Sun Aug 4 15:38:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

I got the same error after X reinstallation on a host with fedora 19, fedora 18 engine and latest otopi+host deploy. A total host OS reinstall helped, however I noticed that after installing VDSM from engine, an old version was installed, incompatible with 3.3, so I had to manually edit /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt.repo to enable nightly and manually upgrade. It worked fine after that.
Another, less accurate, but much more effective solution that I previously used is to update the config to accept whatever vdsm offers (obviously a hack, not meant for production)

Laszlo